Two levels: Beginner
A communicative course for kindergarten and early elementary
students learning English for the first time.
• Magic Time develops the speaking, listening
and pre-writing skills of young children through art,
music and movement.
• Language is taught through colorful, humorous,
full-page scenes that enhance student interest and motivation.
Four main characters - Annie, Ted, Digger the dog, and
Dot the magic fairy - maintain student involvement.
• The syllabus progresses at a natural, steady
pace and offers students many opportunities to practice
new language and recycle language they have already
• Each four-page unit spotlights a theme such
as shapes, classroom items or pets that provide a context
for the language. The short units build confidence and
allow students to feel they are progressing rapidly.
• Every lesson features a catchy song or chant.
• Detailed suggestions for music and movement
activities are provided in the Teacher's Book.
• Lessons are adaptable to the scheduling needs
of many different programs and classroom situations.
• Magic Time is a two-level introductory series
that is designed to be followed by the six-level communicative
series, English Time . The two series can be used separately
or as one complete eight-level course.
- 12 four-page units
- 4 two-page reviews
- 4 additional alphabet lessons in Magic Time 1 and
an 8-page Picture Dictionary in Magic Time 2
- detailed, color illustrations presented in a clear,
- page-for-page reinforcement of the Student Book
- pre-writing activities that include circling, matching,
colouring and sequencing
- writing activities that require writing alphabet
letters or tracing only
Picture and Word Card Books
- one picture card and one word card for each word
in the Student Book
- additional upper-case and lower-case alphabet cards
in Level 1
Cassettes and CDs
- all Student Book listening material, including
songs and chants